Thursday, March 22, 2012

What have I done with Christ's Grace?

Watch this video and then read the rest of the article.

While I was watching this video the question came, "What have I done with His Grace?"

This question prompted part of a BYU devotional given by Brad Wilcox.  He titled his remarks "His Grace is Sufficient".  I would like to quote part of his talk.  "I have born-again Christian friends who say to me, 'You Mormons are trying to hard to earn your way to heaven.' I say, 'No, we are not earning heaven. We are learning heaven.  We are preparing for it.  We are practicing for it.'  They ask me, "Have you been saved by grace?'  I answer, "Yes, Absolutely, totally, completely, thankfully- yes!'  Then I ask them a question they have not fully considered: 'Have you been changed by grace?"  What a great question.  Have you and I been changed by grace?

In the LDS Bible Dictionary under "Grace" it says, "The main idea of the word is divine means of help or strength, given through the bounteous mercy and love of Jesus Christ.  It is through the grace of the Lord Jesus that mankind will be raised in immortality, every person receiving his body from the grave in a condition of everlasting life. It is likewise through the grace of the Lord that individuals, through faith in the atonement of Jesus Christ and repentance of their sins, receive strength and assistance to do good works that they otherwise would not be able to maintain if left to their own means. This grace is an enabling power that allows men and women to lay hold on eternal life and exaltation after they have expended their own best efforts."

In reference to the underlined portion, we are all lost without the Grace of God (John 1:8-10; Mosiah 16:4). Grace is the divine power to do everything and anything that is beyond our own power, ability, and capacity.

What am I doing with this gift of potential, love, and endless happiness?  I hope we are using it to better understand our worth.  I hope we are using this priceless gift to try harder the next moment, chance, or day.  I hope we are using this gift to more fully love all around us which includes ourselves. I hope we are using this gift to prepare for heaven.  Because of grace we are never to far away from hope, peace, and joy. Because of Grace the Savior is right there. 
 
In closing Brett Sander's said, "A life impacted by grace eventually begins to look like Christ's life."  I hope we allow and use grace to accomplish just this.  That of our life being a mirror image of Christ's.   


1 comment:

  1. We love you! What a timely message this Easter season!

    ReplyDelete